Friday, September 23, 2011

Faking Fancy Wedding Cakes(?) Part II


As I'm sure you all expected, the continuation of my Faking Fancy Wedding Cakes(?) adventure was far from smooth.  But it did start off smoother than I could ever imagine, which should have been my first clue that this was going to turn from great to horrendous! 

My first day home started with me making the biggest batch of cream cheese icing I've ever made in my life!  The only glitch when I was making the icing, was not realizing how high the mixer was on when I stopped it so that when I turned it on after adding icing sugar, I ended up wearing a lot of it.  But that was more hilarious than disastrous

Following making the icing, I iced my extra sample cake that was going to be taste tested at the rehearsal dinner - I know, brilliant, but not so brilliant if it turned out to be awful prompting an emergency late night baking session.  Lucky for me I iced it beautifully and it was a HUGE hit.  But I did have a lot of cake left over because it was a giant 16 inch round cake, so I decided to make cake balls to serve at the wedding.  That way people could take home a little piece of cake truffle to go.  But of course that turned into a late night project that had me enjoying my wine through a straw as I rolled and dipped each truffle... around 100 of them! 

So I'm sure by now you're wondering what was so terrible about the final end product - the wedding cake.  Especially since all of this all sounds only slightly insane.  I have to admit, all of the events leading up to said wedding cake also had me thinking that the next day was going to be a breeze, so foolish of me...but you'll just have to wait for the Part III installment to hear just how brutal it was.  Your only hint is Tropical Storm.  But before I post Part III, my next post will be the simple recipe for Cake Truffles - a delightful treat I had never heard of until the lovely RL brought them to a Frisbee practice.  So stay tuned for the simple recipe and Part III of Faking Fancy Wedding Cakes(?).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Faking Fancy Cupcakes Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice | This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates