Thursday, September 1, 2011

Home Sweet Home


After lots and lots of packing and moving boxes from point A  to point H, we are now officially home sweet home!  Unfortunately we are not fully unpacked, but my kitchen is, and that's all that really matters.

But as much as I'm enjoying our new stomping grounds, I'm being whisked back to my homeland for a quick weekend filled with cupcakes - that I don't need to bake - and my toughest baking challenge to date...my sister's wedding cake.  Yes, I have foolishly agreed to bake, ice, and decorate my sister's wedding cake.  If that's not love (or stupidity), I don't know what is.

The cake will be a red velvet cake with cream cheese icing - her favourite.  And although I had every intention of not faking it with my own recipe and making it from scratch, the faking version won the taste test and my life is hopefully going to be a little easier because of it.  So stay tuned for the next post where I go, temporarily, from Faking Fancy Cupcakes to Faking Fancy Wedding Cakes, equipped with an industrial mixer and all.  If you have any tips to pulling this off or just some advise to keeping me sane, it will be much appreciated!  Wish me luck and be thinking of me this Sunday as I try to fake the biggest cake of my life...oh what was I thinking?  Maybe now is the time to get a Twitter account...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Faking Fancy Cupcakes Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice | This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates