Monday, March 14, 2011

Fancy Flop!


I'm a pretty lucky baker, if I do say so myself.  I love to experiment in the kitchen and I'm usually pretty successful at turning out something edible at the very least!  But, as fate would have it, my lucky streak came to an end this past weekend.  It wasn't disastrous by any stretch, but it has now launched a new recipe search that I'd love your help with.  But first things first, I'll share my fancy flop in hopes of proving that the world doesn't come to an end if you mess up in the kitchen...all you need is a backup plan.

To celebrate St. Patrick's Day, I decided that I wanted to raise a glass cupcake style!  The cake idea was easy: a chocolate and Guinness combo.  I thought the icing should be Irish in spirit and I also wanted to experiment.  So I began to Google in search for a chocolate fudge icing recipe.  I came across one that seemed to fit the bill and started to mix it up.

Now fudge can be a very finicky beast, but surely fudge icing should be easy enough.  Not sure if it was the recipe or me, but this thing I concocted was far from the silky, velvety smooth fudge icing I was hoping for. It was much too grainy and looked less than appetizing, so I decided to do something that I knew wouldn't work, but thought that there was really nothing to loose...I reheated my fudge to make it smoother. Not only did this not work, but it made the once pliable fudge icing rock hard fudge!  Needless to say I spent 15 minutes scraping my pot and said a few choice words.

So now I'm turning to you!  Do you have a yummy, silky smooth chocolate fudge icing recipe to share?  If so, please send it along.  And as for my cupcake icing, don't worry, they didn't stay naked.  I always have a backup plan and made an all time favourite that never fails!  So stay tuned for my Guinness n' Irish Cream Cupcake recipe to be posted just in time for your Patty's Day Festivities.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Faking Fancy Cupcakes Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice | This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates