Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Ultimate Bake Sale


Well, it's official.  No one is safe from my cupcake experimentation.  I have crossed over from friends, family, and coworkers to my fellow Ultimate Frisbee players.  Everyone seems to be more then happy to try my concoctions and voice their opinions, but this past weekend I even managed to help raise a few dollars for Feed Nova Scotia selling these fun, tasty experiments.

For those of you who aren't familiar with the world of Ultimate Frisbee and are EXTREMELY confused as to why it makes perfect sense to have bake sale at a Frisbee tournament, allow me to explain.  As part of a bid (or application) to get your team accepted for a tournament, you usually need to offer to do or bring something to add value to the tournament.  For instance, a team may offer to help organize the tournament, plan an after party, compile a video recapping the tournament, etc.  So, as part of my friends' bid, they organized a bake sale to collect funds for Feed Nova Scotia.  And, although it wasn't my team, I'll never turn down an opportunity to bake and, more importantly, experiment with more recipes!  Plus, the money collected was going to a great cause.

Both the tournament and the bake sale were a great time and great success.  I don't have a tally to share on our fundraising efforts, but I do know that my four new flavours were thoroughly enjoyed.  I promised a few players that I'd post a recipe this week.  And, for those of you who don't know me, I never break a promise.  So, later this week I'll be sharing my Lemon Coconut Cupcake recipe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Faking Fancy Cupcakes Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice | This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates