Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Apple Pie Cupcake


The most classic of pies, in my opinion of course, is the apple pie.  It's comforting and tasty - who could ask more of a dessert.  Well, I am asking more. I want my pie and cake...and I want to eat it too!  So I merged the best of both worlds with the Apple Pie Cupcake complete with my version of à la mode.  And here's what you'll need,...

  • White Cake Mix (plus ingredients to make the cake...usually eggs, oil, and water)
  • Store bought Vanilla Icing
  • 1 Apple Flip or four small Apple Tarts
  • 1 cup of Cool Whip
  • 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon
  • Butter (room temperate...around 1/2 cup....but it's up to you)
  • Icing Sugar (optional)
  • Garnish (optional): More Cinnamon
Time to combine and WOW...

Step 1: Follow the directions of your White Cake Mix - from preheating your oven through to adding the eggs, oil, water, etc.  You'll notice that White Cake Mixes call for egg whites only and not the whole egg.  In my usual lazy fashion, I just throw the whole egg in - minus the egg shell of course.  Mix together the batter until smooth. 

Step 2: On a cutting board, chop up your Apple Flip or Apple Tarts into small pieces.  Add the chopped Apple and Pastry bits to your batter and slowly fold in until it's mixed through.  Spoon the batter into your cupcake liners and bake as directed on the package.  Once they are done baking, let them cool completely.

Step 3: While you're waiting for your cupcakes to cool, why not make your à la mode...I mean icing!  Using your mixer, mix together the Vanilla Icing, Butter, Cool Whip, and Cinnamon and mix on high until smooth.  You'll likely need to thicken your icing with icing sugar.  Just add enough until it gets to the right consistency and taste.  I like to keep this icing just a little runnier than usual so it's more à la mode.

Step 4: Once your cupcakes have cooled, feel free to add some à la mode!  It's easier if you use a piping bag, but you can also just spoon it on.  I used tip #12 and then topped them off with a light sprinkle of cinnamon.  Et voilà!

Happy Faking!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Faking Fancy Cupcakes Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice | This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates