Thursday, October 13, 2011

Fancy Stuff Review #2 - Chocolate Decorator


A little while ago my friend was at an Epicure party and she bought a little device simply called a Chocolate Decorator (also called a Decopen).  Since she wasn't going to use it right away, she gave it to me to experiment with - thanks AM.  Well, after the big move move, multiple trips to the Rock and a chaotic few weeks at work, I finally had the chance to try it out.  In fact, I also finally baked my first batch of cupcakes at my new place!

So what is the Chocolate Decorator or Decopen exactly?  Well, as you can see in the picture to the right, it kind of looks like a mini plastic pot with a nozzle.  To use it, all you need to do is take the cover off, add in some chocolate, stick it in the microwave to melt the chocolate, put the cover back on and decorate. Super easy and super awesome!  You can do all kinds of fun things with it like decorate a plate, draw designs on the top of desserts or create decorative chocolate figures you can put on your baked goods to make them look super fancy!  Surprise surprise, I did the latter and boy did my cupcakes look fancy... and spooky!  In preparation for Halloween I made a Pumpkin Patch-Pie Cupcake complete with a spooky touch.  Stay tuned for the recipe in my next post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Faking Fancy Cupcakes Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice | This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates