Monday, March 25, 2013

Fancy Stuff Review #4: Giant Cupcake Pan


Yes, after two years of pressure and a charity ask from my team, I finally baked, not one, but THREE giant cupcakes.  All I have to say is the giant cupcakes are a giant pain in the... BUT they did look pretty cool and raised a total of $132 for just three cakes.

If you're wondering what made them such a pain, I can narrow it down to two pain points:

Pain Point #1: Baking Time - because of the size, they took over an hour to bake.  To me, the best part about cupcakes is how quick they are in the oven.

Pain Point #2: Cake Removal - I had a few choice words while I was trying to remove the cakes from the pans in one piece. Despite the parchment disc on the flat surface of the cake, MAJOR buttering efforts and final flour dusting, the cakes were still a pain to get out...but I was successful.

All in all, the cakes were a BIG hit but I certainly won' t be making them again anytime soon.  One of the cakes I made was a Sinful Cinnamon Buttermilk Cupcake.  Recipe coming soon, but no photo as I tragically lost several pictures off my phone...still not over it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Faking Fancy Cupcakes Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice | This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates