Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Chocolate Orange Blossom Cupcake


Wondering what delicious treats I made with my Flower Pan?  Well, here is one of many to come!  I called it the Chocolate Orange Blossom Cupcake for a few obvious reasons.  For this recipe I did get a little lazy with the icing and used store bought icing with no additions. But who's going to say something when they get a cute little flower cupcake.  No one... that's who.  For this SIMPLE but tasty recipe I used:
  • Chocolate Cake Mix (plus ingredients to make the cake...usually eggs, oil, and water)
  • Store bought Vanilla Icing
  • 1/2 cup of Orange Juice
  • Zest of 2 small Oranges (or one large Orange) 
  • Garnish Ideas: Orange Chocolate Melt or Dried Orange Slice
On to the recipe...

Step 1: Kind of  follow the directions on your chocolate cake mix. Go ahead and preheat your oven and add the oil and eggs...but DO NOT add all the water.

Step 2: Replace 1/2 cup of the water it calls for with Orange Juice.  So, if your mix calls for 1 cup of water, then add 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of Orange Juice.  Then, add the zest of two small Oranges (or one large Orange).  Mix the ingredients together until it is smooth.

Step 3: Now it's time to spoon your cupcake batter into your cupcake pan liners.  I used my Flower Pan to make cute little flower shaped cupcakes, but you can just use a regular pan. Place them in the oven and bake as directed on package.  Once they are done baking, let them cool completely.

Step 4: As I mentioned I got lazy with my icing and just used the store bought stuff, but you can always add some butter, icing sugar, and/or orange liqueur if you wanted to jazz it up.  I opted for using piping tip 104 to make flower petals and used an Orange Chocolate Melt as the middle of the flower. And there you have it, my Chocolate Orange Blossom Cupcake.

Happy Faking!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Faking Fancy Cupcakes Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice | This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates