Monday, February 7, 2011

Quick Tip #1 - Fast Room Temperature Butter


I don't know about you, but I am an impromptu baker.  And, to be completely honest, I'm never organized enough to remember to take out the butter in advance.  I've tried many different ways to get my butter to room temperature including the least successful microwave method, which has resulted in my butter being more of a puddle than anything else.  I am here to tell you that there is a better way and here it is...use a cheese grater!

Using a cheese grater to quickly soften your butter makes it easier to mix in by hand, with a fork, or with your trusty hand or stand-up mixer.  And, once you've tried it, you'll have to admit that it's much easier than cutting it up into tiny pieces with a knife or pastry cutter. And there you have it, my quick fix to cold butter.

Stay tuned for my next cupcake recipe, the Chocolate Chili Cupcake.  Perfect for your hottie this upcoming Valentine's Day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Faking Fancy Cupcakes Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice | This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates